If you are using needles or other sharps for management of a health condition, there are some important reminders we would like to provide regarding the proper disposal of these items:
- NEVER place needles or other sharps in the trash or toilets.
- NEVER attempt to recap, bend, break, remove or otherwise manipulate a needle or other sharp.
- ALWAYS use an FDA approved sharps container if possible. If unavailable, however, you may use a container which is:
- made of heavy duty plastic
- has a tight-fitting, puncture proof lid
- upright and stable during use
- leak resistant
- Properly labeled
- ALWAYS carry a portable sharps container with you when away from home.
- ALWAYS keep sharps and sharps containers away from children and pets.
If you have not received a container from your health care provider, you may stop in at Bucknell Student Health to get one.
When your sharps container is about 3/4 full, feel free to drop it off at BSH for further disposal.
Feel free to contact Bucknell Student Health at 570-577-1401 with any questions or for more information.